InfoSight Predictive Analytics
1748255 Members
3892 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE InfoSight: is there a document containing all supported components?

SOLVED
Go to solution
ChristofI
Occasional Contributor

HPE InfoSight: is there a document containing all supported components?

Hallo,

I am looking for an HPE product which gathers (mainly utilization and performance) data of as much HPE products as possible within one component. HPE InfoSight is one of the possible candidates.

I was looking for something like a support matrix which lists all components that may be monitored in InfoSight.

So far, there seem to be the HPE compute modules (see HPE InfoSight for servers), 3Par as well as WMware ESXi hosts and VMs.

Except for the HPE compute modules I gathered most of this information over many (external) pages, therefore I am not sure how accurate this information is.

So, is there an official HPE document which sums up which components could be monitored (might be even something like 'everything supporting ILO')?

Regards

Christof

3 REPLIES 3
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello,

A small but vital point; Infosight is not a monitoring tool, it's a global Predictive Analytics platform - which reports some stats via a cloud based user interfsace. We do Full Stack analytics of VMs (VMware, Hyper-V coming), Servers (Proliant, Apollo, Synergy), Networks (iSCSI or FC) and Storage (Nimble/3PAR/StoreOnce/RMC) - but it's primary function isn't a monitoring tool.

More applicable may be HPE OneView, which IS a monitoring and Orchestration tool for your environment.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
RyRyTech
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

First let me say that I'm impressed to seeNick Dyer, former CTO of Nimble, replying to forums about InfoSight. This gives me hope that the product will continue growing and improving under HPE as it had with Nimble.

To add to the Original Poster's question, Is there a document that lists products such as device hardware and software that are compatible with InfoSight for global Predictive Analutics? 

For instance, we are have VMware, HP Proliant C7000, Synergy, and rackmount hardware, Cisco Fibre Channel Modules, SAN Switches and Smart Switches, and lastly Infinidat & EMC VNX Storage.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi! Thanks for your kind words. Indeed, we're still in growth mode under HPE, and there's some very exciting things coming indeed. We launched NimbleOS 5.1 yesterday btw - I wrote a blog on it here: https://dyertribe.co.uk/2019/04/09/nimbleos-5-1-now-available/

To answer your question, i'm unsure if there is a document (i'll ask for you), however I CAN tell you it's:

Servers
Proliant (BL, ML, DL)
Apollo
Synergy

Hypervisor - through HPE storage integration
VMware vSphere
Hyper-V (roadmap item, but coming)

Storage
Nimble
3PAR
StoreOnce
RMC

We are exploring the ability to allow 3rd party vendors to snap into Infosight - such as Ethernet or SAN switches, or other storage vendors such as Qumulo or Cohesity for example, as we have OEM partnerships with them.

Expect to see Cloud Volumes integration, as well as Containers/K8s integration for Infosight too! :)

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_