1753792 Members
7568 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Insight Remote Support 7.10.0.0162 web UI login issues

RobertNobinger
Visitor

Insight Remote Support 7.10.0.0162 web UI login issues

I am running  Insight Remote Support 7.10.0.0162 on a WS 2019 VM.  it is configured with active directory authentication. I used to be able to login to https://localhost:7906  with a domain userid because it is in the group listed in rsadmin auth -displayAll .   it used to work.   now it doesn't , I have reconfigured, restarted services, and even rebooted -- no luck. I get this error when I enter my userid/password

HTTP 403 Forbidden - The website declined to show this webpage   , the address bar shows

https://localhost:7906/remotesupport/command/loadUserInterface/

What is wrong? How do I fix it?  Any Idea?

1 REPLY 1
Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Insight Remote Support 7.10.0.0162 web UI login issues

@RobertNobinger 

The HTTP 403 error indicates that the web server has received your request, but it is refusing to fulfill it. This error is usually caused by incorrect permissions or authentication issues. Since you were able to login before, it is possible that the issue is related to a recent update or configuration change.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the Insight Remote Support logs for any errors or warnings. The logs are located in the "logs" directory under the Insight Remote Support installation directory. Look for any messages that indicate authentication or authorization issues.

2. Make sure that the group you are a member of is still listed in the rsadmin auth -displayAll output. If it is not, add it using the rsadmin auth -addGroup command.

3. Verify that the Active Directory server is up and running and that you can connect to it from the Insight Remote Support server.

4. Check the permissions on the Insight Remote Support files and directories. Make sure that the account used by the web server has read and execute permissions on the Insight Remote Support installation directory and its subdirectories.

5. Try accessing the web UI using a different browser or clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

6. If all else fails, try resetting the Insight Remote Support web UI to its default settings using the rsadmin ui -reset command.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Insight Remote Support technical support for further assistance.

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.