7153 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Installing new Motherboard on RX2660 integrity server

MSBH
Occasional Advisor

Re: Installing new Motherboard on RX2660 integrity server

Hi,

I tried resetting BMC as per your procedure and I could get FW revision once for BMC , But trying again it gave "revision not available for BMC"

Also surprisingly for EFI and system firmware revison some time it could get the revison and sometime not, so I couldn't understand whats happening, but system still not booting. I 'll try to replace system board with old one, atleast it had BMC funtional and will send you query about that board may be we can fix that. Please let me know if you have any other suggestion regarding new board problem.

Best Regards

mp002264942155] MP:CM> sysrev

SYSREV

Current firmware revisions

MP FW     : F.02.23

BMC FW    : 05.24

EFI FW    : ROM A 07.14, ROM B 07.14

System FW : ROM A 04.11, ROM B 04.11, Boot ROM A

UCIO FW   : 03.0b

On other tries  below was response

[mp002264942155] MP:CM> sysrev

SYSREV

BMC FW    : revision not available

EFI FW    : revision not available

System FW : revision not available

[mp002264942155] MP:CM> sysrev

SYSREV

BMC FW    : revision not available

EFI FW    : ROM A 07.14, ROM B 07.14

System FW : ROM A 04.11, ROM B 04.11, Boot ROM A

UCIO FW   : 03.0b

jsm6
HPE Pro

Re: Installing new Motherboard on RX2660 integrity server

Hi,

So what we see is intermittent communication issue with BMC here.

Just wondering from where you purchased the SYS BD and its not a defective one. Please validate with the re-seller and try to get a replacement for it.

And regarding OLD SYS BD, I understand it was failign with "FBR2 Hang/BOOT_NOT_DETECTED" - which means either the bus on SYS BD / CPU socket (or) CPU itself has issues.

So you would need a new SYS BD and a CPU to test and bring it up this system one by one.

Please try to arrange for another new SYS BD (may be return what you got) and try replacing it first.

Else, you would need to log a Support ticket (Trade call) with HPE to T/S and send parts+onsite on quote basis.

Thanks and Regards.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo