IP Telephony - NBX
1753524 Members
5253 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NBX V3000 Questions

hobbie878

NBX V3000 Questions

I had a few questions regarding our IP telephony system.

Is it true that the NBX line has reached end of sales and is being discontinued?

How long will licenses purchased through 3rd parties be able to be registered with HP?

I also had to call HP support in order to register licenses a couple of weeks ago, is there plans to allow customers to register licenses online, similar to the 3Com online registration?

I'd appreciate any answers you could give me,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
merlin215
Valued Contributor

had a few questions regarding our IP telephony system.

Is it true that the NBX line has reached end of sales and is being discontinued?

How long will licenses purchased through 3rd parties be able to be registered with HP?

I also had to call HP support in order to register licenses a couple of weeks ago, is there plans to allow customers to register licenses online, similar to the 3Com online registration?

I'd appreciate any answers you could give me,

Thanks

You may want to search back on some of the previous blogs as we have answered these in the past month as well .

The NBX has been End Of Lifed as of July of 2010 with the End Of Sale ( Last NBX sold ) taking place on October  2010 .

So all of the contracts and Warranties will be good for At LEAST another 2 years from July 2010 and October 2010 for the V3001R  .

All new licenses are all set . Older ones are a little tougher to register but are still honored as well .

Online systems were having issues But i had thought they were back up and running .

hobbie878

Thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it!

I guess I stil have questions about applying a new license for a phone.  We buy licenses from a 3rd party - nbxparts.com.  They send us a product key code, it looks similar to a Windows product key.  I'd then go to http://esupport.3com.com, log into our account, enter the product key and our system ID and serial number, and they then generate a license key for me to enter into our NBX V3000 system.

Is there an HP website set up where I can do the same thing?

You also mentioned a difference between "new" and "old" licenses.  By that, do you mean product keys purchased by resellers through 3Com as "old" licenses and product keys purchased through HP as "new" licenses?

Thanks for your help!

merlin215
Valued Contributor

I am not sure if HP allows you to do that But I think they do . I will search around and see if I can find the web site .

As far as old or new keys , old 3Com issued keys and new HP issued keys .

There were issues trying to get the old 3Com keys registered in the new HP system . These issues should be cleared up but any new issues pertaining to this

800 876-3266

You are very welcome ...

Good Luck