1748249 Members
3258 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Around 10 minutes Topology Change Count in Spanning Tree

KSLIT
Occasional Visitor

Around 10 minutes Topology Change Count in Spanning Tree

I have 2 x HPE Office connect 1950 12XGT (JH295A) switches with HA function for our core switch, and connected with 7 x Office connect 1850-48G 4XGT (JL171A) for our egde switch. We used port 51 and 52 for the truck with 1 Vlan only.

I found that the spanning tree contains problem in all 1850 switches, and the Topology Change Count is increased.  I also found the log "Instance 0's port Bridge-Aggregation2 was notified a topology change." in core switch.

HPE engineer requested me to remove all unmanaged switch but I cannot found any unmanaged switch in the network. Please help, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Around 10 minutes Topology Change Count in Spanning Tree

Hi! To help you, would be of great help having (sanitized) running configurations posted here, that's in order to check Spanning Tree configurations on all involved switches (Core switch and one Access switch should be enough, as reference) and to check access ports' configuration too.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
-Alex-
HPE Pro

Re: Around 10 minutes Topology Change Count in Spanning Tree

Hello KSLIT,

Could you please check if access ports are actively participating in the Spanning Tree. I mean the ports where computers/devices and servers which are not part of the spanning tree is good to be defined as edge ports and they will not generate TCs. So if a PC is restarting and the port is not edge port it will report TC.

Hope this hepls.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo