LAN Routing
1748216 Members
3832 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Two Stacked HP 2920-24G Switch (J9726A)

AntiKurjers
Visitor

Two Stacked HP 2920-24G Switch (J9726A)

Hi!

I have two HP 2920-24G Switch (J9726A) switches Stacked (Topology  Ring).  (STP is Disabled)

Parrent up links is LACP  group TRK1 1/16;2/16 to Juniper Router. Work well. 

I want to connect two new Mikrotik optical swiches  CRS309-1G-8S (SWOS) (1=Ethernet port and optical ports)  connected them to Mikrotik side one ETH port and HP 2920-24G side 1/20 and 2/20

Between CRS309 I made two to two optical LACP active connections.

On the HP 2920-24G I made  ports  1/20 and 2/20 Trunk type = LACP,  Trunk Group = Trk3

I'm afraid to enable this configuration. I'm afraid of the loop..

Can you help?

8 REPLIES 8
parnassus
Honored Contributor

You're right to be afraid -> desired scenario will create a loop involving the HP 2920 Stack and the two added (inter-linked together [*]) Mikrotik CRS309-1G-8S switches.

I suggest you - in any case - to FIRST enable (R)STP on HP 2920 Stack and assign highest priority (0) to it.

[*] Here with inter-linked I mean simply (up)linked together...not being stacked (or stackable) as HP 2920 switches do (stack = virtual switch).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
AntiKurjers
Visitor

Ok, I wanted enable STP but i see only Enable checkbox. Where is possible write it down priority I don't see?

In Configuration Report I see:

spanning-tree Trk3 priority 4

4=16384

I currently  see this strange  situation.  SWOS1 and SWOS2  from the begining pinged well. But after some time SWOS1 are disappeared. Ok, I try to disable on HP switch port to worked SWOS2. But HP sw turned it on automaticly ?!

Ok, I go and physicaly emptu cable for SWOS2. Started working SWOS1.   I renewed the connection. to SWOS2. And SWOS1  stoped working.  Why is it?  It may be normal for the LACP protocol, if I connect in HP switch one LACP  group two different switch without any LACP and one ethernet cable in each.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Mate, stop any link aggregation (LACP or Static, doesn't matter) between HP 2920 Stack (1/20+2/20) and the two Mikrotik Switches...Link Aggregation requires member links are co-terminus...so they can leave and depart all and only from a single standalone switch (or a Virtual Switch as the HP 2920 Stack actually is) to a single standalone switch (or a Virtual Switch as the HP 2920 Stack actually is)...since Mikrotiks aren't doing Virtual Switching (they are simple inter-linked together)...the link aggregation will (partially) fail once 1/20 is connected to Mikrotik 1 and 2/20 is connected to Mikrotik 2 (and the fact both Mirkotiks are just inter-linked together adds a loop too).

You need to carefully think about what you're doing (Network Topology) with what you have...

On the HP 2920 Stack via CLI setting the spannig tree is a matter of seconds...are you working with CLI?

I'm not an HPE Employee
AntiKurjers
Visitor

Unfortunately this 2920-24G model CLI isn't full functionality CLI.  I use WEB UI. 

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Trust me the 2920 has a superb CLI...if you have access to it you could easily forget Web GUI dashboard (it is useless).

I'm not an HPE Employee
AntiKurjers
Visitor

Ok, I check it, but I seeam the CLI allow configured only same things.. Currently I refused to use both connections to HP sw.  SWOS4  are connected between SWOS03.  Bad! If SWOS03 die, both will disappear.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Mate, I'm having hard time to figure out what are you trying to tell...the CLI is fully operational once you login as manager...and access the configure mode.

With CLI you have 100% control over all configuration features.

What is your actual network topology? who is connected to who?

I'm not an HPE Employee
AntiKurjers
Visitor

You are right! Yes  CLi work well, telnet and ssh too.  I used Layer2.

Firt (router Juniper two ports LACP active-active) to second HP 2920 Stacked to third new two Mikrotic Optic SW (1 ethernet and 8 Optical ports). This network is for iSCSI traffic.