Operating System - HP-UX
1753787 Members
7543 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error compiling Apache Server (Bundled) cc: warning 922: "-b" is unsupported in the bundled compiler

SOLVED
Go to solution

Error compiling Apache Server (Bundled) cc: warning 922: "-b" is unsupported in the bundled compiler

I get the above error compiling Apache web server what does this mean.
(Bundled) cc: warning 922: "-b" is unsupported in the bundled compiler, ignored.
ld:
5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor
Solution

Re: Error compiling Apache Server (Bundled) cc: warning 922: "-b" is unsupported in the bundled compiler

It means you're using the stripped down "bundled" compiler that is really only meant to build the kernel with. You should either download and install the GNU C compiler or purchase the ANSI/C compiler from HP.

Pete

Pete
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Re: Error compiling Apache Server (Bundled) cc: warning 922: "-b" is unsupported in the bundled compiler

or

download the HP version @ software.hp.com

What is the program from HP I done seem to be able to find it.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>What is the program from HP I don't seem to be able to find it.

Are you looking for gcc downloads or you want to purchase the HP C/aC++ compiler bundle?
http://www.hp.com/go/cpp
See: Order or update aC++

Of course you can always use "ld -b" to create your C shlibs.

Thanks for your help.