108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to check version of aC++?

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

How to check version

I have an older PA-RISC HPUX 11.11 server which is our current production server running

B3901BA                               B.11.11.12     HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX (S800)

B3913DB                               C.03.60        HP aC++ Compiler (S800)

A couple of months ago in purchased and installedand are now testing C ANSI programs

B9007AA                               C.11.31.05     HP C/aC++ Developer's Bundle

Our code is having issue compiling on the new server.   I am figuring that the new one must be on a much newer version.     But How can I check the versions?     I am assuming I installed version 6.25 for 6.26, but how do I know for sure?

thanks again,

John

Hustle Makes things happen
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: How to check version

There is absolutely no way that this version:

>>B9007AA                               C.11.31.05     HP C/aC++ Developer's Bundle

Should run on your server running HP-UX 11.11. It is incompatible with HP-UX 11.11.

The "11.31" in the version number above indicates that it is for HP-UX 11.31.  If someone forced the installation with the 'allow_incompatible=true'  option to swinstall then they messed up.   You will need to uninstall the C.11.31.05 compiler and hope it reverts back to the original B.11.11.12 software without problems.

John Jimenez
Super Advisor

Re: How to check version

Sorry Patrick.      Forgot to mention.... no B9007AA is running on a seperate Integrity server that is on 11.31. 

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

You can use: aCC -V

Also, the secret decoder ring says that C.11.31.05 is A.06.25, two years old.  A.03.60 is over 7 years old.

http://www.hp.com/go/aCC   > Latest version and patch information

>Our code is having issue compiling on the new server.

What type of errors?

John Jimenez
Super Advisor

Thank you Dennis,    That command worked.  here is output

Integrity 11.31

aCC: HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.25 [Nov 30 2009]

PARISC 11.11

aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.60

Funny I purchased and installed it on 11.31 Integrity.     I would like to upgrade to latest version, but the link you posted for patches is not longer vailid.  Does anyone know where the new link to upgrade?  This server is still in testing, so I would like to upgrade before going into prodution. 

I wonder why I did not get the latest version when I just installed it a couple of months ago.   When I Purchased all I got was a paper with a code, but no sfotware.   Licencing could not help so I opened up workorder on Itanium serverrs.  But of course there was no C software, because I just purchased it.    So since I owned licensing on PA Risck they had me download that software, which was listed as the newest version.      

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>aCC: HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.25 [Nov 30 2009]

The latest version is A.06.26.01, with A.06.27 coming out in Sept or so.

>I purchased and installed it on 11.31 Integrity.  I would like to upgrade to latest version, but the link you posted for patches is not longer valid.

It works fine for me.  (I did have to click on the link a second time.)  You probably have to register for AllianceOne and of course you need a SAID to get the patches.

You can only get to A.06.25.02.  To get A.06.26.01, you first need to have a support contract so you can download A.06.26 from the SUM program under HPSC.

>Licensing could not help so I opened up workorder on Integrity servers.

If you have a license, they should tell you where to download the software.

>since I owned licensing on PA RISC they had me download that software, which was listed as the newest version.

And for 11.11, that's very old.

The HPSC:

http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

From there go to something like, to the left, under Download options: Software updates and licensing

https://h20575.www2.hp.com/tsusbportal/index.do?lang=EN&cc=EN&hpappid=PDAPI_TSUSB_PRO2

John Jimenez
Super Advisor

Thank you again Dennis.  Yes I own two C licenses.  One that was purchased a couple of months ago.   But because I just purchased it, I have not been given the Service Agreement I.D. number yet.  i have only been given or have been table to get my SAID number on this purchase.  I have only been able to get  the codes.       HP advised me that since I own another version which was purchased 10 years ago and which is still under support.  to get the download from that SAID.    I did but 06.25 is what I got.     I just tried to download from that same SAID and it gave me the 06.25 again.        

Like I mentioned I opend up a ticket with HP again.   Maybe by now they have a SAID in their systme for my C++ purchase from two months ago.