Operating System - HP-UX
1752798 Members
6137 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is there a way to find out the name of unresolved symbol?

Srimalik
Valued Contributor

Is there a way to find out the name of unresolved symbol?

One of our PA processes is dumping intermittently on IA.

With:
#0 0xc4df7640 in $$dyncall_external+0 () from /opt/VRTSob/lib/compat/../../../VRTSob/lib/compat/libvxTAO.sl.3
#1 0xc4f091bc in TAO_GIOP_Invocation::start+0x194 () from /opt/VRTSob/lib/compat/../../../VRTSob/lib/compat/libvxTAO.sl.3
#2 0xc4f0c8ac in TAO_GIOP_Twoway_Invocation::start+0x24 () from /opt/VRTSob/lib/compat/../../../VRTSob/lib/compat/libvxTAO.sl.3
#3 0xc4ec576c in TAO_Remote_Object_Proxy_Impl::_is_a+0x18c () from /opt/VRTSob/lib/compat/../../../VRTSob/lib/compat/libvxTAO.sl.3
#4 0xc4e9c9bc in CORBA_Object::_is_a+0x1ac () from /opt/VRTSob/lib/compat/../../../VRTSob/lib/compat/libvxTAO.sl.3
#5 0xc54af138 in Veritas::VEA::ServiceControl::_narrow+0xc0 () from /opt/VRTSob/bin/../../VRTSob/lib/compat/libcsfsupport3.

It seems that it is related to symbol resolution at runtime but I am not able to find out the symbol for which it is failing.

Is there a way to locate the unresolved symbol?

This process does not dump immediately after load it happens well after the process is up and running, still trying to figure out the external condition which makes it dump.

Thanks
Sri
abandon all hope, ye who enter here..
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

#0 0xc4df7640 in $$dyncall_external+0 libvxTAO.sl.3
#1 0xc4f091bc in TAO_GIOP_Invocation::start+0x194 libvxTAO.sl.3

>It seems that it is related to symbol resolution at runtime

Why do you say that? It is doing an indirect or virtual call and the plabel is bad. What is in $r22?

>Is there a way to locate the unresolved symbol?

If you have an unresolved symbol error after you do a shl_load or dlopen, you should abort then, not wait until a use.
Are you using -Bnonfatal?
Srimalik
Valued Contributor

>Why do you say that? It is doing an indirect or virtual call and the plabel is bad. What is in $r22?

My fault, I wanted to say that this is happening due to a bad function pointer. Confused this with something else.
r22 is 0

Srimalik
Valued Contributor

I will try to find out whats the problem here.