108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

swremove VRTS items

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andy Torres
Trusted Contributor

swremove VRTS items

We're trying to accomplish an upgrade from 11iv1 to v2. We were successful on our lab server but the production server is limited to 18GB on vg00, so we're trying to pare down what we have in some filesystems so we can work within the upgrade space requirements, especially in /opt.

We are using onlinejfs and do not plan to use vxvm. What I'd like to do is swremove a group of VXVM products and filesets to gain back a large area of space in /opt.

The items I've done a successful swremove -p on(no errors or warnings) are:
VRTSob
VRTSvmpro
VRTSfspro
VRTSvxvm
VRTSalloc
VRTSap
VRTSddlpr
VRTSobgui
VRTStep
VRTSvmdoc
VRTSvxmsa

Can anyone see an item in that list that may be required for regular OnlineJFS operation? I would hate to remove them and suddenly find that my filesystems don't mount. I'm ready to try this on my lab server, but thought I'd run it by the group in case one or more of these items' removal would suprise us.
4 REPLIES 4
Andy Torres
Trusted Contributor

Re: swremove VRTS items

Well in case anyone is wondering, I opened a software case with HP and they said all should be fine. I'm going to run it on the lab server first. Will update this thread when I'm done.
Srimalik
Valued Contributor
Solution

Yes, all should be fine.

But, after removing all these packages you wont be able to use VEA GUI.

abandon all hope, ye who enter here..
Srimalik
Valued Contributor

anyways you are not using VxVM, nobody uses VEA gui to manage only filesystems.
abandon all hope, ye who enter here..
Andy Torres
Trusted Contributor

After consulting with HP we swremoved the products and saved quite a bit of space in /opt. We have no plans to use VxVM, so we're okay. Our 11iv1-to-11iv2 upgrade went well.