M and MSM Series
1753490 Members
4901 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Is there a way to schedule resets of APs? (MSM720 + MSM422/460s)

Arimo
Respected Contributor

Just to be clear: are we talking about RESETTING the MSM as in setting it to factory defaults, or REBOOTING them?

Reboot is easy to arrange. Configure a scheduled config upload at desired time. The controller will upload config file, then reboot, then push the config to the APs forcing them to reboot in turn.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
YuriPaiva
Advisor

Hi everyone,

I was doing Factory Reset in all APs by windows scripting and plink.exe. A simple reboot did not resolve the issue.

I have one script to reset factory defaults and another one to accept all one by one because the come back as Suspicious Device.

After upgrade firmware to Software version: 6.6.8.0-23368 I did not need to reset factory defaults the Aps.

I had a lot of tickets in HPE Support about CPU load high and they release this versions fixing this issues.

I have two MSM760 working as Teaming, today the Uptime is Uptime: 109 days 23 hours 18 minutes and the APs go more then 45 days. After that I ran the scripts in preventive way in all APs to avoid any issues.

YuriPaiva
Advisor

Hello,

in the attached file I brought the script I use to reset and accept the msm access points. A single script does two tasks.

It is necessary the programs plink.exe, now.exe and sleep.exe in the same folder.

the script file can be named reset_accept_msm.cmd

the file aps_somente.txt have the APs names in the controller.

plink logs in the controller like admin@controller-host-name

the file log_resets_1a1.txt has the reset logs.

the file log_accept_1a1.txt has the accept logs.

I hope I can help.