108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Login refused: Certificate not longer valid - (GMS) HP Procurve MSM760

InnoYC
Frequent Visitor

Login refused: Certificate not longer valid - (GMS) HP Procurve MSM760

Hi HP or other users,

Maybe someone can help us with the next one:

We have a MSM760 AP controller. The setup and config was made from other company.

It has two WIFI account. One internal and other for Guest user

The Guest user is managed using the GMS Guest Management System.

The GMS is giving the next error when we try to log in: "Login refused: Certificate not longer valid"

If we check at the controller itself ( Security > Certificates Stores ) there are all Certificates still valid.

We think we need to generate a new certificate just for the GMS, but we dont know how. We found this document about SSL

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02638173/c02638173.pdf

But It doenst work.

Do someone knows hoe to renew the certificate for the GMS (also called, Visitor Management Tool) ?

Thanks in advance,

InnoYC

3 REPLIES 3
InnoYC
Frequent Visitor

Hallo guys,

A HP consultant already contacted me per e-mail. I'll let u know his answer.

R.

InnoYC

InnoYC
Frequent Visitor

InnoYC
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

A HP consultant contact me. The solution was to reinstall all the GMS again. It needs to be deleted first from the client computer.

We reinstall the GMS using these version "GMS_5.5.0.1_B136_install"

After the installation and during the first start it will create automatically a new certificate and connect (upload it) to the MSM controller.

After that the message was gone.

The problem is anyway not yet fully solved. The idea is to create a operator account (as it was already before uninstall GMS) that will be use to create the Guest account from the Reception.

HP was not able to solve these last issue. We just have a Administrator GMS account. HP will contact me again next Monday about it.