1748186 Members
4234 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: V-M200 Rebooting every 30 minutes

Andrew Roper
Occasional Visitor

V-M200 Rebooting every 30 minutes

We have two of these APs deployed in a customer environment and connected to a 3Com 2928-G PoE swich. They are independently configured. For some reason, they will reboot every 30 minutes. They have the latest firmware as provided by HP. The curious thing about this is that this will occur whether powered over the LAN or brick powered. Interestingly, these APs will not behave this way in our office. We have several of these deployed for other customers and these are the only ones exhibiting this behavior. We have a very nice network troubleshooting tool from Fluke, the OptiView 4, and I scanned the wireless spectrum and there is no significant interference and nobody is using the channels that the APs selected (3 & 8). There are no logs on the APs themselves that would indicate an issue. The OptiView did show FCS errors on the WLAN interfaces on both APs which I thought was curious. Searches for this problem have yielded no results. I am curious if anyone can explain why the APs would even do this to begin with and does this have anything to do with the FCS errors and why would we be getting FCS errors on the WLAN interface anyway?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
gglater
Regular Advisor

You say you are running "the latest" but please specify a version number (as detailed as possible.)

Also, you should open a case with support so information can be captured and analyzed. 

Thanks.

--glen

Mick Negendahl
Advisor

I have 7 V-M200's.
I just updated my firmware to the latest release (May 2012, i believe)
And they run more stable now.

Hope it helps!
Andrew Roper
Occasional Visitor

As it turns out, the LLDP agent process was terminating abnormally. I disabled that feature and now the access points are stable.

Thanks,

Andrew

gglater
Regular Advisor

Great, I'm glad that you were able to resolve the problem!