Microsoft System Center Integration
1751974 Members
4897 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCOM 2007 Proliant Pack - SNMP Others?

curtmcgirt
Advisor

SCOM 2007 Proliant Pack - SNMP Others?

in the health explorer for one of my servers i show a warning state for "HP Proliant SNMP Server Others Collection." in the details, ServerOthers_SNMP.FailedComponent is "Other System Health (UID, POST)." the time of the state change corresponds to a forced reset of the HP Proliant SNMP Hardware Logs Collection.
the server rebooted last night, so the IML had an ASR message. i cleared that, and reset the Logs health in Scom, and immediately the "others" turned to critical
3 REPLIES 3
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Since the Server Others Health Collection include Component Name such as Base System, Threshold Management, Operating System, Non HP Devices, Windows, Appliance, Enclosure, and Other System Health (UID and POST), we suggest you launch the HP System Management Homepage to diagnose the root cause of the critical state.

Stuart Cain
HP
curtmcgirt
Advisor

system management home page shows all green. i forgot to mention that.
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Server State is warning or critical but System Management Homepage does not show any state errors
There might be health status difference between the HP Insight Management Agents and the HP Insight Management WBEM Providers. If the managed node has installed both the HP agents and the HP providers, verify which monitoring data source is used by the Management Packs and the System Management Homepage on the node.
On the Operations Manager console, verify the property Monitoring Source in the Detail View of Server State view. On System Management Homepage, select Settings>Select SMH Data Source, and then click Select. If needed, adjust the settings to fit your need. The management pack and System Management Homepage must use the same monitoring data source.