Netservers
1754421 Members
2634 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netserver LT6000R Consistancy Check

Mike Baxter

Netserver LT6000R Consistancy Check

Every Sunday at 12:00am, the server does a consistancy check on the raid volume(s) and locks the OS. NT4.0 server SP6. Netraid 2M controller, 2 9 gig raid 1 as drive c, 2 9 gig raid 1 as drive d, 4 36 gig raid 5 as e, with two hotswap spares 1 9 gig and 1 36 gig. How do i stop the consistancy check??

Thanks
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

Re: Netserver LT6000R Consistancy Check

As part of NetRAID Assistent installation one NT service is installed (do not remember exact name, but it is easily to find it in services). This service is responsible for regular maintenance tasks. You can disable this service if you do not want regular maintenance tasks to be done.
Tomas Lofgren
Advisor

It is correct that you can dissable the consistency check but I wouldn't recommend it.
Reason is that cons check checks your logical drive,raid 1,3 and 5,and corrects any parity or mirror error.It helps prevent a rebuild on a drive to fail.If there are bad blocks present on a drive, a disk rebuild using data from that drive would fail.Consistency check force every block on the drive to be read, and any bad blocks to be mapped out.
So I would recommend to schedule it to another time if possible.
Diana Thompson
Frequent Advisor

It sounds as if the rebuild rate on the netraid card is set to 100%. Go into NetRAID assistent, adapter, rebuild rate and set it down to below 50%. This will keep the consistency check from using 100% of the server processor time