1753961 Members
7567 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SBS 2003 (Windows Server 2003) on LH3 NetServer

Richard Hamper
Occasional Advisor

SBS 2003 (Windows Server 2003) on LH3 NetServer

I've just installed sbs2003 on my NetServer LH3 (upgrade from a problem-free sbs2000), and I'm getting shut down errors "delayed write failed" as are reported in another post here. The suggested solution is to use the integrated NetRaid Windows 2000 driver, which I've downloaded. This driver won't install with "The wizard could not find a better match" error. How do I install this driver, please?
Richard
5 REPLIES 5
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Richard

Update the netraid controller firmware to the latest and here is where you can download for the raid controller you have
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=15389&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50448тМй=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=54

Look the Firmware under "Firmware Storage Controller"

Regards
Amha Kassa
Richard Hamper
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, but I think I need to install the NOS Driver for Windows Server 2000. My Netraid firmware is at the latest level.
Richard
e4services
Honored Contributor

Go to the device manager. find the controller under SCSI and RAID controllers. Right click and Update. Install from list... (not auto), Don't Search...., de-select Show comp..... and Have Disk.., defaults to the floppy to load another.
Otherwise you can simply Uninstall instead of Update from the Device Manger, and reinstall, but again do not have Windows Search or Auto install, tell it.

That is all I know.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Richard Hamper
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, that got it. Delayed write problems have gone. The MS2002 version raid driver installed by win2003 setup seems to be the cause.
The server is still flakey though, probably because of lost .INI files and whatnot during re-starts on setup.
Thanks again
Richard
GaryF
Advisor

I agree...had the same problem crop on 2003 Std up after installing the NR Assistant (may have been there already, but didn't notice it). Installed the HP V2.69 driver (for Win 2K), and the problem disappeared. I did install 2003 Ent on an LT6K (U2), and used the default Win install drivers, and that machine seems to be quite happy. Not sure the difference, but the LH3 absolutely needed the V2.69 driver. I see others have given info to install, so I won't repeat that -- just happy there seems to be a solution!