OEM Solutions
1754796 Members
4195 Online
108825 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
MattQuirk

HPE OEM Solutions Meet the Team: Jeffrey Chan

07-003-hpe-oem-meet-the-team-series-800X533-v0.7.3b.jpg 

Today, we had a chat with Jeffrey Chan, who works in APAC Solutions Sales & OEM for the healthcare industry. We discussed healthcare OEM businesses in APAC and Jeffrey helped us understand their present challenges and evolving purchasing models.

What does your role as APAC Solutions Sales & OEM entail, and how does it differ from your previous position as APAC OEM business manager?

My role in APAC Solutions Sales & OEM means I am responsible for managing the solution providers in healthcare. I look after existing OEM partners while hunting for new opportunities to expand the OEM business for HPE in APAC.

This role is an extension of my previous one as APAC OEM business manager. I am now also able to share the solutions of our OEM partners with our APAC field sales reps, which is helping the former expand their market reach.

Do business practices differ within the APAC region, given its size? If so, how do you deal effectively with these differences?

APAC is a huge region, so we have had to focus on a few countries with more ISVs, namely, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand. These areas are where OEM activity is most vibrant. Not only do we work to develop new OEM partners, but we also link them up with our existing OEM partners. Weโ€™ve found that such collaborations facilitate knowledge sharing and help grow individual businesses.

We treat each OEM partner equally and treasure each opportunity to work with them.

Are most healthcare OEMs in APAC operating on a consumption-based or traditional purchasing model? Do you see this changing in the future?

Just like business in any other industry, healthcare providers are evolving every day and redesigning their offering to keep pace with market trends and customer requirements. Although most healthcare purchasing models are still very traditional and follow a capex purchasing infrastructure, some OEMs are starting to offer opex-based solutions (eg pay-per-use, pay-per-scan, solutions as a service) where possible.

This shift is helping the healthcare industry hasten the process of digital transformation within organizations. I see my role as helping healthcare companies progress in this journey via HPE GreenLake.

Youโ€™ve worked for HPE in a range of industries and business accounts for over 22 years. Can you share your top tips and strategies?

For me, there are three keys to long-term success.

1. Keep sharpening the saw: Remain curious and continue to learn so as to contribute back to the business. Technology is evolving faster than I could have ever imagined, and I am always picking up new sales techniques and strategies in the process of growing the OEM business.
  2. Be proactive: It is important to be a team player. Proactively contribute in solving problems and help your team(s) overcome challenges together.
  3. Think win-win: By putting HPE and our customers first, any obstacle can be overcome. When OEMs understand that HPE is a true partner and technology adviser, that is already half the race won against our competitors.

What did you learn from HPE Discover 2023?

By attending HPE Discover 2023, I wanted ideas on how to better support OEM businesses in my region and grow their engagement with the business unit. At the event, I was able to talk to solution providers in the healthcare industry, find out what healthcare solutions were being offered in the other geos and got some ideas to help other healthcare OEMs expand to the APAC market. It was a really valuable experience for me.

What are your hobbies or interests?

In my free time I like to go for a jog to refresh my mind. I have also been scuba diving for over 15 years. Every dive is a new interesting experience for me to discover the beauty of nature and see creatures that otherwise appear only on TV or movie screens. Diving has brought me closer to nature and I have learned to value our environment more as a result.

Thank you, Jeffrey, for spending time with us today. 

You can reach out to Jeffrey on LinkedIn to start a conversation, and please visit HPE OEM Solutions to find out more on how we can help you accelerate your innovation.

Matt Quirk
0 Kudos
About the Author

MattQuirk

With a passion for innovation and technology, I am lucky enough to work within high-growth opportunities across multiple industries including manufacturing, healthcare, energy, media and entertainment and security - with technology innovations that are advancing the way people live and work such as AI, autonomous everything and 5G.