OEM Solutions
1771270 Members
1909 Online
109004 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
MattQuirk

HPE OEM Solutions Meet the Team: Kimi Hlychho

HL07-026-hpe-oem-thought-leadership-flashcards-800X533-v0.12.jpgLetโ€™s welcome Kimi Hlychho, our Business Analyst here at HPE OEM Solutions. Kimi is integral in collating and analyzing business data, which is then transformed into intelligence that can be used by our whole team. She talks us through her typical work day and shares the OEM trends she has been noticing.

What do you do in your role as Business Analyst at HPE OEM Solutions? Could you talk us through a typical work day?

My role is mainly about managing HPEโ€™s relationship with intelligence analysts and co-creating business intelligence content. I add my findings and data to supplement theirs and ensure the generated data is as accurate as possible and delivered on time. A typical workday involves meeting with them to see, analyze and work through the available data.

I am also responsible for generating the figures for Total Addressable Market (TAM) for the OEM business.

You joined the OEM division quite recently. How is this line of business different from your previous work experiences?

The nature of work in the OEM business unit is quite similar to my previous roles within HPE. However, the business model here is different. The OEM business model is more complex, which means that it can be more challenging to obtain clear and accurate market data. At the end of the day, working in OEM requires more research and more frequent application of logical assumptions. It has been a great learning experience for me.

How do you see the uptake looking like for Virtual OEM and HPE GreenLake among OEMs in the coming year? How are market trends supporting potential adoption of these platforms?

Based on a recent survey we conducted, OEMs are embracing the HPE GreenLake consumption-based IT model because it is cost effective, readily scalable and fits into their hybrid cloud strategy. In fact, most OEMs expect their cloud workload to increase by 35-45% in the next 18 months.

The growing demand for AI, machine learning and IoT are some of the trends that are driving the adoption of consumption-based IT.

What are your work goals for the rest of 2023?

To provide best-in-class business intelligence for the OEM business and to contribute wherever I can to support the sales team in their efforts.

Can you share your journey into tech with us?

I started my career with HPE in 2010. I joined the global analytics department that was supporting sales operations in the Asia-Pacific & Japan (APJ) region. My work then was to help with the dual processes of pipeline management and forecasting.

I later moved to the APJ Services Attach organization to work on sales performance reporting and sales improvement projects. My last role before joining the OEM business was Change Management Lead for Global Sales Ops, where I managed robotics process automation.

What do you enjoy doing when you log off from work?

These days, I enjoy travelling, spending time with friends, and watching documentaries.

Thanks for reading our blog, please comment below to tell us what else you would like to see.

Matt Quirk
0 Kudos
About the Author

MattQuirk

With a passion for innovation and technology, I am lucky enough to work within high-growth opportunities across multiple industries including manufacturing, healthcare, energy, media and entertainment and security - with technology innovations that are advancing the way people live and work such as AI, autonomous everything and 5G.