2942 Online
108856 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Replace root vg hdd

Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

so if you can't create ignite backup them, and like to fix it, them you need to risk it and make it on this system.

i do it always on production system, but i have always a ignite backup, but in this situation you should consider and chcek what you are going to do.

mikap
Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor

having ignite is very good specially when u playing with vg00.
do you have backup of the server.

What you may try is add this disk in server new vg or any existing vg.
create the LVs simlar to vg00(except double the size) and restore the corresponding data from backup.
like root file syestem in /a/root_2
var in /a/var_2

after restoring the data of all the LVs do a mkboot on the disk, and try to reboot with this disk.

IGNITE is highly recommended.

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
Kanagaraj
Regular Advisor

Anoop,

//ignite not installed, tape drive not working...//

The tape drive is detecting or not.

If the tape drive is not detecting,enable "stape" driver to in and take a reboot(Use SAM)//it is static kernel parameter,so reboot is required.

If tape is detecting and not working try to replace new tape drive and install latest version of ignite.Take vg00 backup and restore it on 18GB DISK.

I think this process will take time even it is Good for you.If mirror bundle already installed try for mirroring.

Anoop Sivan
Frequent Advisor

Thanks kapil
Yes we now we ned to follow some hp-non recomended way to solve this issue.Raised hprc case for the reply from the experts.I will post the update.

Thanks everyone.