New Discussion юеВ

All Hail Pharaoh Ron Kinner

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Re: All Hail Pharaoh Ron Kinner

Ron,

I have been staying away from congrats threads for quite some time now, but the more I think of it the more I think I should get involved in this one.

You have been both an inspiration and a mentor to many (not to mention a savior to more than a few). It's been a pleasure to work along side of you in some threads and a tremendous relief to receive your help in the issues that I have posted myself. I was always happy when my line of thought and yours seemed to be very close to each other. At that point I always thought I must be doing something right :-)

If this offer from Microsoft is truly legitimate, then it looks like we will be owing you yet another congrat thread in the near future. I will try to look for that one as well.

Enjoy your time in the Dunes. I understand that it's hot, but I have also heard rumors that there is more than enough cold adult beverages to help you stay hydrated on your journey.

Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors,
John
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

I would like to emphasize to the readers of this thread that Jon, Ron, and myself are under consideration for a Microsoft MVP title. The actual results will be published by Microsoft in late April, I believe. Simply being considered for the title is a great honor.

Anyone interested in learning more about the Microsoft MVP program can visit http://mvp.support.microsoft.com. Do not attempt to Sign In using your Microsoft Passport (unless, of course, you are an MVP). Doing so will create a cookie problem and you will no longer be able to view the public information without finding and deleting the offending cookie. Just browse the subjects shown on the left of the screen without signing in.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Roger, Dan was nice enough to email me about this MVP thread so I have written to John to see what he has to say.

Thanks for the offer of help in the Chicago area, Jay, but I've already done my time in the land of ice and snow and plan to stay in sunny Florida. I've been thinking about retirement again and the 401K is fat enough so it's not a big deal if this company folds.

Thanks again to everyone who sent congrats.

Ron

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag until it was official. Microsoft will be considering Latif (XMAN) for MVP as well. I hope we all make it!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Ron:

Would you send me an e-mail please. I would like to have your e-mail address without waiting until I decide to repair my WINXP desktop PC. Thanks.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Roger, Jon, Ron,

I hope we all make it. I'm glad that we are being recognized by Microsoft for MVP nomination!!!

Thanks to John Buscher from Microsoft!!!
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Ernesto Cappello
Trusted Contributor

Well Done Ron Kinner!
Compliments!
Regards Ernesto.
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Roger,

It appears that your last email aged out of my inbox so you will have to write to me at rkinner(at)att(dot)net.

Ron
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

For those of you wondering about whether we got the MVP award: Roger and I are now both official Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals.

Congratulations Roger!

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpaward&style=toc

So far they have sent me a rather nice backpack, a certificate (suitable for framing), and a lapel pin and supposedly once I sign an NDA I will have access to all sorts of inside info. I am also invited to go to a yearly meeting in Seattle but I don't think they are footing the bill so I doubt I will go.

I don't see Jon on the list so he must not have filled in the paperwork or Finley is an alias. Don't know XMAN/LATIF's real name so can't check to see if he is on the list.

Ron

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

And congratulations to you too, Ron. I have already bought some seriously discounted products from Microsoft's eStore with the $150 free product coupon. My daughter seems to like the backpack. I guess the coolest gift is a $3000 subscription to MSDN. Maybe we should start signing our name followed by "A Microsoft MVP" in the forums.

I guess I'm a little giddy about this recognition. I just wish HP would throw us a bone occasionally (I could use a new server ;^) ).

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger