1752808 Members
5967 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Noisy fan in ze4100 P4 1.7 Pavilion Notebook

Caglar Tukel
Advisor

Noisy fan in ze4100 P4 1.7 Pavilion Notebook

I recently purchased a ze4100 P4 1.7 Pavilion Notebook pc. I noticed that fan is too noisy and it runs almost all the time when I am using couple of application at the same time. I updated the BIOS to KE.M1.42 which is posted on ze4100 page. But it seems there is no change.

Ok. noise is almost unbearable. Is there any remedy to reduce this noise. I read that some BIOS upgrades are available. Is there any available for this computer.

Thanks. Please don't HP dissappoint me. Noise is a *Quality* issue since there is similar brands which does not make much noise.

I appreciate your answer as soon as possible.

Caglar Tukel
4 REPLIES 4
Ramesh Pakkath
Honored Contributor

Re: Noisy fan in ze4100 P4 1.7 Pavilion Notebook

Hi Caglar,

If the noise is to an unbearable extent then it is not normal. Check if anything is obstructing the system fan. I would conclude it to be a faulty fan. Send the laptop for service.
Nothing is "imPOSSIBLE"
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Caglar,

there are two reasons for a loud fan.
1. fan bearing is worn out.
2. fan runs at high speed because it can't get air.

Please check, that fan isn't blocked.
Please tell us your os version.
There are two version of your notebook(amd/intel). Which is yours?

thanks,

Michael
Caglar Tukel
Advisor

Thanks for your answers. I have P4 1.7 Ghz Mobile processor which I though it does better job on heating. IT has 256 MB DDR RAM on it. When there is only one application is running on it, fan does not run all the time, but when I use couple of applications, then fan starts and occasionally stops for a short time.

I use Windows XP PRO.

The fan noise has the same intensity as the fan noise that comes when the computer switched on.

Yes, computer sits on a flat surface and there is nothing blocking air openings. But I don't understand one thing, there is fan underneath computer, and there is nothing to raise the computer up, so there is not much air circulation under the computer. This can be a design problem.

Another issue, if the fan runs like this all the time, I might end up with a cooling problem if the fan fails because of overuse. I wonder if this a marketing strategy that keeps people to buy computer more often. If it is so, nobody will buy. So they might lose customer on the long run.

I read that there is more people who complain about noisy fans. (Search on Google). I though a BIOS fix could be a remedy for it.

Thanks for your help.

Caglar Tukel
KiWiBiRD

Also noisy happens when fan is so dirty, check ur fan and blow it away with a vacum cleaner or somthing if its so dirty u can check it by looking at it from the vent holes on the back and underneath the computer.
when did it start to happen nyways?

Good Luck