4785 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The D Drive for HP Pavilion 6810 laptop

SOLVED
Go to solution
natha

The D Drive for HP Pavilion 6810 laptop

This is a question but also a comment about HP technical support.
Brief history of my lack of support from the IT people across the ocean. In Sept 09, my laptop crashed, I still don't know why. Called HP and for the 1st time I received someone in the US. My internal recovery did not work, my recovery disc i had to create when i purchased laptop also did not work. i was sent recovery cd's, and for over a week they would not work. To this day i still can't reach anyone in US for help. After hours and days on the phone with India I finally received a box to return the thing for repair. I tried one more time and finally Windows started up. Calling India again, a 2hr phone call, they took control of my laptop, and the recovery information on the D drive was installed on my C drive. They told me not to worry about it. One genius over there told me that the D drive belonged to my internet provider and he couldn't help me. One tech(?) had me unplug, remove the battery and press the on button for several seconds, when i asked why i was doing this he said, "to get rid of the excess electricity in the computer", I am not making this stuff up. I'm almost bald now from dealing with them. I do back up to my external hard drive, but shouldn't the recovery info be on the D drive, or does it matter?
And something that really does puzzle me is, I've purchased a computer that is made in China, sold to me in the US and help/support comes from India. I often wonder if we're all on the same page at the same time?
3 REPLIES 3
Jules
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Natha

Is you computer working now?

It sounds like your internal hard disk was having problems. It is impossible for phone support to 'fix' this sort of problem for you.

If your computer is under warranty, the best thing to do is to have the engineers repair it for you.
---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.
natha

Thank you very much for your reply. TODAY, Oct 26, after more hours of phone blah blah, with help/support, I am being sent a box to return my laptop to HP for repair.
I sent an email on Sat. to the CEO of HP, Mr. Mark Hurd. I'm sure that had nothing to do with me finally getting to the bottom of this propblem. The case manager told me today, that I had a long warranty on this computer and to just wait for it to go down again! This is a Case Manager that is supposed to resolve issues others can't. I explained to him that I wanted my computer back to the original condition it was when I purchase it. All the information on the C drive is of no use to you if the thing breaks again. To make matters worse, on on Oct 19th, I ordered the HP 2159M LCD monitor. I should have received it on Wednesday, Oct 21. Well today is the 26th and FedEx can't find it! I'm about to go crazy with these people. One supervisor in the Phillipines was sympathytic to all my issuse and has sent me a new monitor, he said i will receive it tomorrow!!! We'll see, at least he was very nice.
Given the timeline I received from the case manager today, I should have my laptop back from HP around NOV 23. So, by the time I receive the new monitor, I won't have a computer to hook it up to for another month.
Some customer support system they have and really poor customer service.
Jules
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Again Natha
I'm sorry to hear that you have having such a bad experience. HP are not a bad brand. When It all comes together again I'm sure you will be OK.
Now, I'm in New Zealand - so here's some sympathy from 'down under' (down under in the Southern Hemisphere).
---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.