Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HP SureStore 1200ex admin password

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

HP SureStore 1200ex admin password

Hi Sir, i have problem with HP Surestore 1200ex optical library about the Admin Password. We rented to our customer privious, then we took back to our office. But the customer already set the Admin Password from Default to their password. I already try to contact customer but they don't remember the password. What that i can do to reset or change the Admin Password. Appreciate your help Sir.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Solution

hello

There are 3 ways to clear the password.
1.) change the controllerboard (not a good Way)
2.) download the firmware
3.) there is a secret way for HP engineers, so please send an email to me and I will reply (ralf.loehmann@hp.com).

Regards,
Ralf.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Sir. I manage to reset the password. But i facing other problem. The jukebox showed error 10h. Device failed. Need to configure the drives. How i am surpose to do it.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hello

I have a question first. How did you manage to fix the admin password?
I did it the 3 way and I also got a device failed, but I did not check the error code. In my case I was not long enough waiting when powercycling the library. You most wait until the picker in on the ground before switching the power back.
I do think it has to do with your issue. If you were downloading the firmware, you might have download the code for a different library with more or less drives (maybe the product number on the library is not the actual configuration now).
the third posibility the library is really miss-configured.
the complete error massage says:
invalid drive configuration. Occurs if the following is detected:
* 8 drives
* 10 but not with 4 drives on the top interposer and 6 drives on the bottom interposer
* 12 drives
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir, i manage to make it the password to default by press ENTER and NEXT button while power cyceling the jukebox. Once i did that, i wait till the picker stop then i powercycell again. As your third possible is a same. That is the error that i am facing right now. how i am surpose to configure the jukebox. Currently the jukebox did not attach to any server it now be in standalone.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

These types of library may fail its selftest when the scsi bus is not correctly terminated. Make sure you have a terminator attached and try again.