8381 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Aruba 2930M PTP issue

JarnoV
Occasional Contributor

HP Aruba 2930M PTP issue

Hi!

I have Aruba 2930M which has minimal config in it.

IGMP querier
IGMP snooping is on
Some multicast group addresses
Few VLANs
One trunk port
PTP E2E is on every port
also DSCP is configured for AoIP

Issue is that when I connect anothet switch to it (cisco 350) everything seems to work (ping for network devices on both switches etc) but PTP is not going through trunk (or not even when I connect both switches via access ports) to the cisco switch. I know that mixing different manufacturers switches is not the way to go, but I’m intrested that could it work.

Cisco switch has same config, with same everything, except querier is not on and it is not PTP aware switch so…

Aruba has latest firmware. I can post more detail when I get on my computer, but just checking if there could be simple answer for this. There was some talking about configuring Aruba as boundary clock, could it be the answer and can it be done with this model?

1 REPLY 1
Sunitha_Mod

Re: HP Aruba 2930M PTP issue

Hello @JarnoV

Thank you for writing to us. HPE Networking forum has moved to Aruba Airheads Community and for HPE networking and Aruba product queries, request you to visit and post your query here: Aruba Airheads Community 

You can refer to the below link as well for more details:

HPE Networking forum migration to Aruba Airheads c... - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo