Other HPE Product Questions
1748089 Members
5140 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Total Frustration When Dealing with HP Customer Service.

Suzanne Montalvo

Total Frustration When Dealing with HP Customer Service.

Maybe they should call it "Customer NO-Service". Whatever happened to being able to call a company and speak to someone you could communicate with? Five weeks ago my new HP Pavillion suddenly had no power. I called HP and spoke with several people in tech support from India, none of whom I really understood, and all of whom sent me emails saying they were "taking ownership" of my case. I was sent lists of instructions to troubleshoot my computer problem which indicated to me that they didn't understand my problem in the first place. My computer has no power; therefore, I cannot perform troubleshooting procedures. They sent me a box and I packed it up and FedEx picked it up from me two weeks ago. I got a call when it arrived at the repair facility in Irving, TX but the call was from an Indian woman who said (I think) that the machine would be back to me before September 30. I called Customer Service and of course got an Indian person again. I asked to speak to someone in the repair department as I wanted to know what the problem is with my machine. She tells me they cannot transfer my call. I ask if she can find out the problem. She puts me on hold and comes back and says they have the parts on back order. She didn't say WHAT parts, but they were out of stock. THIS IS HEWLETT PACKARD. THEY MAKE COMPUTERS. WHY DON'T THEY HAVE PARTS???? Now she's telling me that I won't have the computer back until after October 14.

I have searched for a telephone number in Irving, Texas to see if I can track this down but all roads lead to a dead end. HP has made it impossible to speak to anyone in this country. How horribly frustrating for customers and some of us are long time customers who have purchased many of their products.

Even though the machine is under warranty, I'm wondering now if it would have been better to just take it somewhere local and have it fixed at my expense. At least I'd know where it is and be able to use it now.
4 REPLIES 4
J. Sian

Suzanne:
I feel your pain. I've been getting the runaround from HP for a couple of weeks. It is amazing, but they simply keep making up new stories and don't even bother to check to see that their latest story isn't consistent with their last one. I tried to buy a new computer, and paid for expedited shipping. They sent me an email saying it shipped on October 8. Later, they said no, it didn't ship on October 8, but rather October 9. Then they said, no, it wasn't October 9, it was some unspecified, later time. When I told them I paid for 2 day shipping, they then said: Well, it shipped on October 8, but it had to go through customs, which took until the 9th, but then the 10th and 11th aren't business days, so it couldn't ship then. But then, the 12th was a holiday, so it couldn't ship then. So, actually, it will arrive on the 15th, which is really 2 days from the 8th in HP time, so we will deliver in 2 days. To top it off, I checked with FedEx. They confirmed that they received the package from HP for shipment on the 12th, just a bit before midnight. No, it was not a FedEx holiday.
HP used to be a good, honest company. Apparently today, it is neither good nor honest. I'm still waiting for the 2 day shipment. I'm sorry I chose HP.
Daryl Hodson

HP do this everywhere, I am in Australia and have been trying to get information re a brand new HP MFP and Snow Leopard. HP have very little practical assistance for mac users and I have also spoken to number of people in India, all of whom have good intentions but are not able to offer any practical support. There is no one person to speak to in Australia HP are virtually invisible and hide behind the Indian Customers Service Telephone numbers. It will be my last HP product and recently purchased a second monitor, telling the sales person that I was not interested in the HP models and looked at all other models and purchased LG. HP does not provide total solutions for the MFP and Snow Leopard ie the products features will not work as intended. This fact is not advertised anywhere on the HP web site with no drivers or software available for Snow Leopard besides print drivers.
Vicki Morgan

Join the club. The printer my friend bought was a lemon. She returned the printer and bought a different one. The Non-English speaking/understanding customer "service" rep told her she couldn't receive the $50 HP rebate because the 21 day time limit expired. BUT he was referring to the FIRST printer. The "service" rep couldn't or wouldn't comprehend that she was due a $50 HP rebate on the SECOND printer. She and I have spent more than 6 hours talking with several HP employees and she still has not received the HP rebate. I wonder if HP ever intended to issue the rebate in the first place. Isn't that illegal to misrepresent a special offer to entice someone to purchase a product?
vickie porter

Hello Everyone, I am so dismayed I have had several good hard cries!!! I let the India Lady take 99.00 out of our checking account to fix all the things going on in my HP computer. We are both disabled and on a very low fixed income. They told us they could and would fix my computer, but of course they took the money and did not fix it at all. I could not understand the things he told me to do, I thought they were to fix it for the 99.00. The last time he called, he told me to go out and buy 3 DVDs rewritable discs and back up my computer and he would call me after the weekend and MAKE MY COMPUTER JUST LIKE NEW. I have not a clue how to do the things he told me to do and my HP is just two years old. I realize no one can really help me, but just needed to tell someone all the distress HP has put us through. He (Ronnie from India)is suppose to call me back again (this will make the 4th call) today and fix everything. Right? I couldn't back up anything I don't know how or have the right discs. And now our car died, so we can't go anywhere to buy them (big Bummer). Was it really worth getting a computer? I am just too old to learn, Computer illiterate and I can't spell that well anymore. THANK-YOU if you took the time to read this! Didn't really want to waste your time, I am just so disappointed! Sincerely, Vikilynp