ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1752790 Members
6207 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RDP licenses' amount doesn't change with adding new licenses.

rugB
Occasional Advisor

RDP licenses' amount doesn't change with adding new licenses.

Hi,
My company uses ProLiant Essentials RDP ver.6.9 (build 365). I'm trying to add new purchased licenses and don't see any changes in licenses number. Previously it was 292 and doesn't change with adding new license.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Igor.
5 REPLIES 5
Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Usually when adding the licenses you get the option to add them or overwrite the existing count. Was this not there?

Also please could you help me work out how to purchase new licenses!! We bought a ICE license and this came with a piece of paper with 3 yellow boxes on and the code for the RDP doesn't work on the Webware site. How did you do it and what was the part number you ordered.

Many thanks
Jason
Gareth Lloyd
Advisor

Normally this happens because you have reached the limit of rdp license files (.lic) that can be imported.

I mistakenly bought 200 RDP licenses as single .lic files a while back and could only add the first 90 license files before the license count stopped increasing.

I had to email Altiris and ask them to combine the 200 licenses into a single .lic file, which I could then import without issues.

We have moved away from purchasing individual license files every time we purchase a single server and now buy in packs of 100 licenses so we dont use up the license limit.

Gareth

Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Hi Gareth,

How do you purchase your HP Altiris licenses? Do you get support for HP RDP via Altiris?

I'm having no end of a nightmare with HP trying to get license information for this product.

Thanks
Jason
Gareth Lloyd
Advisor

RDP licenses can be bought separately from the other insight products or you can buy the full ICE (Insight Control Environment) license bundle which includes RDP licenses.

What we normally do if we are purchasing a c-class enclosure is buy the enclosure with full ICE licenses which includes 16x RDP licenses to cover the building of the blade servers.

On top of this we install a lot of standlone servers, so we purchase RDP licenses separately to cover the server deployment.

You can buy single rdp licenses or a flexible license where you can specify the number of licenses you want.

If you are planning on managing a large number of computers stay away from the single licenses.

1 rdp license - 452151-B21
flexible rdp license - 452152-B21

HP RDP licenses include 1 year of technical support from HP.

I've never used HP technical support for RDP. I don't think they would be much help and you can normally find all the answers you need via the HP or Altiris forums.

Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the part numbers, they'll come in handy.

From your earlier post I went onto the Altiris site to try and Email them for some help and saw the License Management Portal. Created a login and it asked me for a code and the HP provided 20 char code worked \o/ Needless to say I'm very happy. Why HP couldn't just say to me "with this code you need to go to the Altiris site to get the lic file" is beyond me!

Many thanks!