ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745821 Members
3931 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

1761 Slot 0 drive array unrecoverable media errors detected on drives during previous rebuild

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

1761 Slot 0 drive array unrecoverable media errors detected on drives during previous rebuild

Hi everyone,

I got this error upon reboot? What exactly does it mean and why is the P420i NOT telling me which drive is having an issue so I can replace it?

The text is below: 1761 Slot 0 drive array unrecoverable media errors detected on drives during previous rebuild or background surface analysis ARM

I get random decay in disk performance but as far as the OS is concerned "chkdsk" passes on all partitions (Windows OS) and there isn't any detectable end-user impact. I really would like to get to the bottom of which specific drive needs to go. Server is covered by warranty; opened a case with HPE - zero coherency not to mention lack of assistance. Combined with the money HPE is charging for support contracts and the upfront cost for their bare metal itself I am basically confused to say the least?

Anyone had experienced this issue? How do you tell which drive is having a problem? HPE says "no hardware failure" from the logs which I provided to the case engineer. Fine if they don't want to send me spare parts just tell me which one so I can buy it myself and swap it out?

Thank you everyone!

1021fs2-array error.png