1753259 Members
5786 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

380 G7 - Upgrading SAS FW

CoramDaes
Frequent Advisor

Re: 380 G7 - Upgrading SAS FW

USB was successfully made using the USB maker utility inside the SPP ISO file at ..\usb\hpusbkey\ . I do not think using anything else would easily work.

File, CP017206.scexe, was successfully downloaded and placed among other files in ../hp/swpackages/

Booted from USB

After inventory by SUM, it found the SAS firmware and updated the drives to D7.  On a sidenote it also updated the SAS controller, which had not been done online.

Result a successful update to my EG0600FBDBU drives on one of my servers., all the drives at once.

sas-EG0600FBDBU-D7.GIF

Now , to the final update, following same procedure but with the HPDA(C) FW file.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_3ce712a9596a433db7d1976930 )

Hum, that is already in the ISO, so I guess them SPP's are cumulative? I gather I just need to rund the same boot and SUM again....

I am very happy and grateful for your support @Torsten. how do I grant you 100 kudos?

CLI is the lack of UI...
CoramDaes
Frequent Advisor

ehmm,

Hum, that is already in the ISO, so I guess them SPP's are cumulative? I gather I just need to rund the same boot and SUM again....

No it did not...  but there was a file with same name there... what am I missing..?

CLI is the lack of UI...
CoramDaes
Frequent Advisor

Still not able to do the latest FW upgrade as specified... 

CLI is the lack of UI...