ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752794 Members
5796 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Big trouble with DL380 G8 accessing Intelligent Provisioning or Storage Administration

yockl
Occasional Contributor

Big trouble with DL380 G8 accessing Intelligent Provisioning or Storage Administration

Hello, 

since hourse we try to install windows server on a HP DL380 G9. Our problem is that we can not access Intelligent Provisioning or Storage Administration. In both cases we get error messages or screen is freezing etc. on post screen everythink looks good. Hardware check is fine, ILO Webpage we can access without any issue, but the important functions to create a raid1 before install Windows is not possible. The server is running with all latest firmwares. It is really very frustrating, we have 3x DL380 G8 and never had problems, now we have 2x DL380 G89 and one of them make the problems now

System: 

1. 2x E5-2680v4
  2. 512GB DDR4
  3. HP P840 with 4GB Cache and BBU 
  4. 2x 500 Watt PS

Software / Firmware 

1. HP P840 -> V7.0
  2. ILO4 -> 2.75b
  3. BIOS -> P89 2.76
  4. Intelligent Provisioning -> 2.82.9

When I click F10 -> the system is loading the nex selection page, before the page is displaying where I

can select the Intelligent Provisioning or Storage administration, I can see on a black screen a error message:

error: no such device: HPEZCD260

When I try to access the Intelligent Provisioning I get an Firefox error and nothing happened. When I try to load the Storage Administration I get a dark blue screen and nothing happened. In some cases when I attach SSDs I get a black screen with error messages regarding mounting issue and or maintendence mode mesages

Can anyone help here please I really do not know any more

firmware overview.PNGhpe-ip-firefoxerror.PNG

after starting the storage administration with one attached drive on 12bay backplane

storage-administration.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
yockl
Occasional Contributor

Re: Big trouble with DL380 G8 accessing Intelligent Provisioning or Storage Administration

A short update: 
I have flashed now the Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media 2.50, and I´m now able to access the  Intelligent Provisioning or Storage Administration for a short time. The firefox browser tells me allways that the application is crahsing. I need every time to restart the server and try it again to access the function. Also the Intelligent Provisioning updates to version 2.71, 2.80, 2.81, 2.82 did not start. I can see the progress bar but it did not start.

So I really have to say, satisfaction is something different. If this was an emergency on a live server I would jump off the bridge. We have here a lot of server from other brands and never had such a problem, sorry for taht words! 

Is the server broken or what is the problem here, can someone tell me that I do not invest more days to create a Raid 1

Thanks

ilocheck.PNG

NareshISS
HPE Pro

Hello Team,

please try to reinstall the Firefox and try with different browser.

Regards,

Naresh Sharma

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

yockl
Occasional Contributor

Hello Naresh,

sorry but I think you did missunderstood me. It is not the firefox on my personal computer. I mean the crash is inside the HP Inteligence Provisioning which use also firefox. 

Thanks

MorningTumbler
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same issue on 3 BL460C G9 blades. Only happens when attempting to erase the blade via Intelligent Provisioning; the progress bars nearly complete then firefox crashes, forcing me to restart firefox which reloads Intelligent Provisioning. If I select quit firefox the system freezes forcing me to remove and reinsert blade. Anyone have any advice?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @MorningTumbler

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and help you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ugrysr
Occasional Advisor

Hello.

Did you solve this problem