5222 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blinking Red Internal Health Light on Proliant ML350 G5

Aloutsis
Occasional Visitor

Blinking Red Internal Health Light on Proliant ML350 G5

Hello,

I've come across a particular problem on our old (but very usefull) server . The internal health light is blinking red and the external health was orange. I put the power cable on the 2nd psu and the external health led is now green but the interal health led in still red. I removed the HDDs, the RAMs and the battery. I reinserted the battery and 1 ram and booted up. Still the same. On the motherboard the only amber led is the PMM2 but there is no PMM2 installed on the server. The server only has 1 cpu. I tried to switch to slot 2 to see if that works but still nothing. Does anyone have any idea of a possible cause? I have provided an image to the motherboard:
http://tinypic.com/r/302tbfk/9

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: Blinking Red Internal Health Light on Proliant ML350 G5

Please confirm whether you see only the RED LED on PPM2 or are you aslo experiencing issues like server crash or any unexpected system behaviour.

Clear NVRAM and check the results.

How many power supplies are installed in the server? If 2, then check the issue with one power supply installed at a time. 

If issue persists, please check with another good known power supply

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
PZel
Trusted Contributor

Re: Blinking Red Internal Health Light on Proliant ML350 G5

Probably the motherboard is failed because of a 'blown' capacitor in the neighbourhood of DIMM area.

So, visual check the motherboard.

PZ