1753481 Members
4305 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue screen in Win 2k8R2 Proliant DL 580G5

Mali Medo
Occasional Advisor

Blue screen in Win 2k8R2 Proliant DL 580G5

We have problems installing Mirycom 10G PCiE x8 card in Proliant DL 580G5. When the card is installed in x4 PCiE slot machine works but installed in x8 slot and after installing drivers win 2k8R2 shows blue screen. Installed in x4 slot we have poor performance in 10G network. Tested with iperf on loopback adapter we receive 1Gbit/s transfer. Tested with iperf on 10G card we receive about 3Gbit/s.
4 REPLIES 4
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

You will want to use the HP 10GBps adapters in your server. NC522SFP+ is one of them. Did you try upgrading the firmware on your server to the latest rev before installing a non-HP controller.
Mali Medo
Occasional Advisor

The firmware is up to date.
We tried the latest drivers for Mirycom 10G card and the thing is the same. Odd thing is that when I try iperf on workstation i get 8Gbit/s transfer and this server is much stronger machine than the workstation. Server is dual 6 core Xeon with 24 GB RAM.
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

The problem is most likely a BIOS conflict with the server. I only use HP controllers and adapters in my Proliatns. Then if I have issues, HP has to resolve them.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Yeah. If you contact hp now they will probably pay the card is not supported. Have you checked with the card's manufacturer if they have tested it with your server?