ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748216 Members
3508 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Bought DL380 G3 servers a year ago, can't get video monitor to work - 1 Analog Input Cannot Display

DavidFord
Occasional Visitor

Bought DL380 G3 servers a year ago, can't get video monitor to work - 1 Analog Input Cannot Display

I bought a couple of old DL380 G3 servers last year to mess around with, and have been unable to get a monitor to work on them.  I keep getting the error message:

1 Analog Input

Cannot Display This Video Mode

Optimum Resolution 1280 x 1024 60hz

I tried running them headless, with some success, but I'm not an admin type, and I've forgotten what I did. If I can get the monitor to work with them, that would be great.  Seems to display text ok.  It's when it goes to do something graphical that I THINK might be the stumbling point.

I even bought an old Dell monitor that someone else who was selling the same servers said he had success with.  No luck yet.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
MV3
HPE Pro

Re: Bought DL380 G3 servers a year ago, can't get video monitor to work - 1 Analog Input Cannot Disp

HI 

Check for the lowest resolution in the monitor , if not i would suggest you to reset to factory default and check..

Is the post of the server displayed on the monitor?

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo