ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752482 Members
5779 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BSOD on installation of Windows Small Business Server 2008 on ML 310 G3

S-mac-K

BSOD on installation of Windows Small Business Server 2008 on ML 310 G3

I get a USB_BUGCODE BSOD when installing SBS2008, whether I use SmartStart or not. I downloaded the SBS2008 disc from Microsoft [authorized demo] in an attempt to get it tested before I purchase the OS and access licenses.

The BSOD occurs after the files are copied from the disc. It happens after a monitor blackout which typically occurs when the installation process is identifying hardware.

I have disabled the USB controller and iLO in an attempt to get it running. No dice.

In addition, SmartStart 8.15 doesn't work with my RAID controller however, disabling it allows me to install the OS on any of the installed disks.

Specs: ML 310 G3 (6GB RAM, 4TB HDDs) - Note: I experienced the same thing with the stock 160GB.
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

that is issue is caused because you got a very old version for ilo firmware

A blue screen error may display during installation of Windows Server 2008.

Description A blue screen displaying a â BUGCODE_USB_DRIVERâ error may display upon
installation of Windows Server 2008.

Workaround If this error occurs, download and install iLO 2 firmware Version 1.29 (or later).

you can use firmware CD 8.3 to update your ilo 2

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1146658&prodNameId=1135772&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-73c82be98b5f4eb3ac4b72c2e3

try and let us know

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
S-mac-K

King Karlo, thine truly deserves the crown that sits upon thine noble head. An answer to my quandary evaded me for more than a fortnight. Try as I might my tortured queries of "the Google" provided me no answer, she would bequeath no knowledge no matter how I constructed my words.

But alas, you fair sir hath provided me the answer within mere moments of my scribing my query. I can still recall the hallowed chime that came from my mobile which alerted me to your reply. I groggily reached for my HP tablet and refreshed the page where my question was scribed. Certainly, I thought some troll had replied to lambaste me on not using the search function to find the answer to what the community here considered an elementary problem. Or even another weary soul who sought to echo my concern.

But nay, you fair sir hath bestowed on to me, the knowledge to slay the beast that is befouled BSOD.

Once again King Karlo, you are forever in my debt... Thank You.

haha... but seriously thanks a million, that did it.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

wow pretty nice words
usually no one does that jeje

my pleasure S-mac-K
anytime

just don't forget assign some points
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

by the way this is the PDF where I get the answer

http://www.google.com/search?q=hp+proliant+windows+2008&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enCR290CR290
S-mac-K

Certainly, I assigned the point prior to my reply.

Thanks again.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

no worries
I just read your previous answer like 3 times