ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753937 Members
9468 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BSOD With 2016 STD on Proliant ML350 Gen10 When Creating New Array.

Andrew Swift_1
Occasional Advisor

BSOD With 2016 STD on Proliant ML350 Gen10 When Creating New Array.

Hi,

I seem to have an issue with creating a new array (Logical Drive) while Windows 2016 STD is running.

I installed 2016 STD on this new server,

The server has 2 SSD drives so I set one as logical for the install and then tried to set the second as another logical while the server was running.

I used the HPE Smart Storage Administrator (which I downloaded from HP Support site)

I select the spare physical drive and create an array and all seems fine until  BSOD.

After this BSOD it renders the server unbootable.

With it being a new server I can afford to mess about with it so I tried the exercise again and I get BSDO every time.

Is anyone else having this issue.

Kind Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Swift_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: BSOD With 2016 STD on Proliant ML350 Gen10 When Creating New Array.

I have just tried the following as another test.

Deleted current arrays.

Created new array for drive1 as a logical drive.

Installed Windows 2016.

Rebooted server into Intelligent Prov.

Created second array with second drive as a logical drive.

Rebooted and OS no longer loads.

Puzzled.

Andrew Swift_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

In further digging and reading I have read that with a HPE Smart Array E208i-a it runs mix mode so you dont have to create arrays for the OS to see both the SSD drives.

If I do not create arrays everything is fine and I can install OS on first drive and have the second drive for data.

However.

Is there a downside to not creating arrays for these drives and just leaving them as unnasigned in the Smart Storage Administrator ?

many thanks

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

There is chance of data loss incase of a drive failure  since there is no fault tolerance.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo