ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752622 Members
4294 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can I and how can I expand on my 4 drive system in a dl360e / OR CLONE drives from one array

Romolo

Can I and how can I expand on my 4 drive system in a dl360e / OR CLONE drives from one array

Hey,

I have a DL360e Gen 8. It has 2 slots on the P420 1gb RAID card. I have another slot free. Slot 2 has 4x drives as it ias a 4 drive system.

I would like to either

a) hook up two additional drives via slot 2... but no physical space left.. so I cannot.. but I have another slot?

b) best way to clone and destroy the array and bring data back again plus OS and VM's.

Thanks

R

2 REPLIES 2
Romolo

Re: Can I and how can I expand on my 4 drive system in a dl360e / OR CLONE drives from one array

Or possibly kill array and then make 2x RAID 1... but again.. downtime and copy.

R

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hi,

You can expand but I would like to request you contact HPE technical support with latest AHS & ADU logs  before expand because of that HPE engineer will analyse the  current status for further steps in this situation .

Thanks & Regards

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo