1753689 Members
5195 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Can't configure Gen8/Gen9 IPV6 Ilo settings

Ruben_Herold
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can't configure Gen8/Gen9 IPV6 Ilo settings

Why is it not as simple to set the ipv6 address via F8 or via the Ilo configuration utility in the intelligent provisioning?

DHCPv6 is a massiv task cause to keep it secure you must implement many layer2 stuff  like ra guard and dhcpv6 guard incl. monittoring.

The laptop solution is my only current option but it extend the deployment massiv. Seems that HP must fix the tools/firmware to make it possible to set the ipv6 addresses like the ipv4 adresses. ipv4 is dead!

Ruben_Herold
Frequent Advisor

OK found the  Bug.

The systems was delivered with an very old version of inteligent provisioning! With newer version you can configure the ipv6 setings. Will blame the distributor...

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Ruben_Herold wrote:

OK found the  Bug.

The systems was delivered with an very old version of inteligent provisioning! With newer version you can configure the ipv6 setings. Will blame the distributor...

I was just sending a message asking what version of IP was running as I know the settings are there in the Gen9 system I was looking at.

If you have a bunch of systems, I'd still look at automating the task with the scripting toolkit

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!