ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752795 Members
5897 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq ProLiant 1600 Won't Start

FarmBoy_1

Compaq ProLiant 1600 Won't Start

I have a Compaq ProLiant 1600 and it will not boot up. When I plug it in, the power supply fans spin up but that is it. All my connections are good, I checked them. I have got some blinking lights a few times but that's the farthest I've got. The CPU fan and case fan wont spin up or anything and there is no display.
Go Go Gadget: Connection! = No Shutdown(Cisco IOS)
6 REPLIES 6
cnb
Honored Contributor

FarmBoy_1

Thanks for trying but the manuals didn't help any, I actually have all the documentation and software to go with the server. Also upon further messing with the server I notice that when I plug it in, the lights that blink are: two lights on the SCSI pci board I have installed, the left front power light and two of my three drives middle lights.
Hiren N Dave
Valued Contributor

You need to do some basic trouble shooting first.
=> Reset all h/w parts
=> Check on minimum configuration (only RAM, PROC) remove unnecessary parts like adapter cards, LAN cards, HDDs etc.
=> Check LED status
=> Reset BIOS, remove power cables and press power button for few seconds to clear voltage from all ICs.

If you dont get it up, you will definitely find faulty part, get it replaced.
I am an HP Employee

Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It may be unrelated but please have a look at one of my older Proliant 1600 replies regarding a possible loose cable on the interconnect board.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Proliant-1600-Won-t-boot/m-p/3284164#M30039

I hope this helps.

Brian

cnb
Honored Contributor

Ok, break it down to the minimum CPU and Memory configuration, remove the, SCSI backplane, SCSI controller, disks, etc...

Do you get any POST codes?

Which Motherboard is installed?

Rgds,
FarmBoy_1

@Hiren N Dave I tried your suggestion but still got nowhere but thanks for trying.

@Brian Murdoch Your thread was actually the first thing I read when I looked up the problem haha.