ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748036 Members
5087 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Critical Temperature Threshold Exceeded (Temperature Sensor 1, Location Ambient, Temperature 48C

RCP1
Occasional Advisor

Critical Temperature Threshold Exceeded (Temperature Sensor 1, Location Ambient, Temperature 48C)

hi guys,

We have facing the belwo error msg one of my producation DL360 Gen9 server from last 2 days .

Critical Temperature Threshold Exceeded (Temperature Sensor 1, Location Ambient, Temperature 48C).

I have also checked my DC environment Temp and it is ok. 

9 REPLIES 9
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Critical Temperature Threshold Exceeded (Temperature Sensor 1, Location Ambient, Temperature 48C

Temperature Sensor 1 should be the one that measure the inlet ambient air temperature at Server rack's front, if 48°C is the inlet ambient air temperature really measured and if the HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen9 has updated System ROM BIOS the Critical Threshold value should be set at 46°C (Caution Threshold value should be set at 42°C)...so 48°C is above Critical Threshold value.

See, as example:

HPE_iLO_2.55_on_HPE_ProLiant_DL180_Gen9_SPP_2017.07.01_Temperature_Sensor_1.png

taken from HPE iLO4 2.55 (September 2017) on a fully updated HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen9, I know for sure Ambient Temperature is really 20°C since the room has fully working Air Conditioning set at that temperature value.

So, since you checked the DC Ambient Temperature and you reported it is OK (we presume well below Caution value of 42°C)...you have few diagnostic options:

• Is your Server fully updated (HPE iLO4 Firmware and SystemROM, SPP 2017.07.01 helps)?
  • Is your Server really clean (no dust whatsoever) front side and rear side?
  • Does the Rack your Server is installed into permit ambient air circulation freely?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
RCP1
Occasional Advisor

I have doen the all mention points but still observed the same error again after firmware update.

• Is your Server fully updated (HPE iLO4 Firmware and SystemROM, SPP 2017.07.01 helps)? Done
  • Is your Server really clean (no dust whatsoever) front side and rear side? Temp ok
  • Does the Rack your Server is installed into permit ambient air circulation freely? working properly 
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Can you show us the HPE iLO4 Temperature status for Sensor 1 (screenshot)?

I'm not an HPE Employee
RCP1
Occasional Advisor

FY

parnassus
Honored Contributor

From first screenshot inlet ambient air temperature measured value looks now 26°C.

I'm not an HPE Employee
RCP1
Occasional Advisor

After power on all Temp status ok & server health status is ok. but I have facing this issue from last 2 Days.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

As the HPE iLO4 was reporting - by means of its logs - something happened in the past (2 days ago) even if its temperature status page was (and is) really current...ghost from the past?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Toti_Garcia

Please, is there anybody from the HP community who can with this problem? What is your recommendation or solution if any? Need help urgently. Thank you.

techin
Super Advisor

@Toti_Garcia , Were u able to solve the issue. I think you should consider creating a brand new post for urgent issues