ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753515 Members
7580 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Dear SUSE Community, I am installing "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 Installer for SA

donsomu
Occasional Contributor

Dear SUSE Community, I am installing "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 Installer for SAP Busines

Dear HPE Community,

I am installing "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 Installer for SAP Business One" on a "HPE Server Proliant DL380 Gen9".

I am using a DVD containing an ISO image downloaded from https://download.suse.com/Download?buildid=j5aaHMFkICw~

When i boot from this DVD, i am able to start the installation process, i am asked to fill the required information, which i do.

However, when i now click "next" to now complete the installation, the server reboots .

When i now want to reboot from the hard disk, i get the following message below:

can't read ctr while initializing i8042 hp proliant

No caching node page found

Assuming drive cache: write through

How can i be able to resolve this and proceed?

Thanks,

Davis

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Dear SUSE Community, I am installing "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 Installer for SA

The 'initializing i8042' error is well documented.  This is the kernel complaining it can't find the PS/2 controller, which ProLiant server have not had for some time. This just happens to be the last message you are seeing, but neither it nor '[Firmware Bug]: The BIOS Has Corrupted Hw-PMU Resources'  is the root cause of your issue.   The 'no caching write through' is usually displayed when you have a USB key inserted into the system during boot.

You may need to modify the boot line and remove 'quiet' and maybe add 'nomodeset' or other boot options to see more messages during boot to help isolate the issue

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
donsomu
Occasional Contributor

Dear Jimmy,

Thanks for your response and the information that you have provided me.

I was able to install "RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.6" by using the feature "Configure and Install OS" that is located in "HPE Intelligent Provisioning".

By using this particular feature, i just followed the wizard prompts, selected "Redhat" as my OS of choice, inserted the  RHEL 7.6 bootable DVD i had made, and the installation progressed successfully.

This is very interesting, however it just worked!

Best Regards,

Davis Onsomu.