ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752752 Members
5199 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Deploy SPP bundle with SCCM application, how to control if the deployment is a success?

SaiTech2
Occasional Contributor

Deploy SPP bundle with SCCM application, how to control if the deployment is a success?

Hi, Deploy SPP bundle with SCCM application, how to control if the deployment is a success?

I have made several OSD deployment of Windows Server to HPE proliant servers with success. I just have a package in the TS that trigger the "hpsum_bin_x64.exe". I have not had any special control, I just workt verry well in general.

Now have the hardware folks asked if I can find a way to deploy the HPE during service maintenance window for our servers. They use OneView it works well for administration of HPE servers, but not deploying update SPP. I have also looked in to deploy with the new third party updates and cant find this a option for now. It is till a hack for HPE SPP. and the SPP is to old.

Then with SCCM I can use Application mavbe in a application TS for upgrade old SPP.
I will build an SCCM Application for test, but I would like to understand if the SPP upgrade is finish with success or not and bult in a detection for this.

So how to check SPP installation, logs apps..? 

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Deploy SPP bundle with SCCM application, how to control if the deployment is a success?

Hello,

During the installation, you can check the installation progress.

Follow the below documents for more information.

HP SUM 7.5.1 - Collecting Log Files

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c05219915

Service Pack for ProLiant - Troubleshooting

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00026886en_us

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo