4067 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Disks to buy for DL380 G10 6230 sff

Donkerg
Occasional Advisor

Disks to buy for DL380 G10 6230 sff

Hi, 

I,ve just bought a new DL 380 G10 6230 sff.  I still need to get it shipped, but that should been done this week. 

I need some advice for the disks that are going to be used in the server. It,s unclear to me if I can use nvme disks in the server or use SSD,s in the server.  I would like to use the standard disk array at the front to mount 5 disks (in raid 10 + spare).   In some posts  i see people struggling to boot and use hardware raid with nvme disks..  I would like to use hardware raid.  Is it possible to buy 5 nvme disks and use these as a bootable raid 10 set ? 

Are there some perfomance stats for using nvme vs ssd ? 

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Disks to buy for DL380 G10 6230 sff

Hello,

I would request you share the NVME drive information ( part number ) for more clarification. Because of that boot process depending on what type of NVME drive are you using.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Donkerg
Occasional Advisor

I don,t know yet what drives to buy, however if there are nvme disks where you can boot from I would love to know which one those are. 

Can you give me the part numbers ?

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

Please follow the below spare list.

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server - Spare Parts

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00019686en_us

HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server - Option Parts

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00019685en_us&docLocale=en_US#N115CF

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo