ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752579 Members
3431 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 140 G2 ntldr missing

chanda molinere

DL 140 G2 ntldr missing

I have been having issues with a couple of DL 140 G2 servers coming up with a ntldr missing message after a reboot. I am having to re-install Windows Server 2003.
The CD I use for the install is an official Microsoft Windows 2003 server cd but it is slightly scratched but the install completes. If the media is an issue, wouldn't it not allow me to intall the OS from the start?
2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor

Your question is not clear, please write most concisely.

ntldr missing is usually due to a corrupted boot sector, either by a failed HD or corruption occuring due to either a failing drive/bad sectors or a virus-like corruption cause by a service.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
chanda molinere

I have two questions, what can make boot files disappear from a system? My other question is could the media be the cause of the problem? The only common item among those servers that had the issue, is the same CD was used during the install.

I have tried booting into Recovery mode and copying the missing boot files to the root of c and it says that the files are copied but upon reboot I still could not boot into windows and the message said the file was still missing.

Thanks