5266 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL 380G8 - NIC card at 1GB/10GB ?

grinningdevil
Frequent Advisor

DL 380G8 - NIC card at 1GB/10GB ?

Hello Guys, 

I have a DL 380G8 server running with RHEL 6.2.   

Controller is "Hewlett-Packard Company NC552SFP 2-port 10Gb Server Adapter"

I got the following from our Linux OS team, stating that they are not able to change the speed to Auto Negotiate or to 1GB ( RHEL support team said that the speed cant be changed – its hard coded) , and are getting the error “Not Permitted”  -

Does the below look  OK ?  Can we change the speed to 1GB ? (as the switch only supports 1GB link)

ethtool eth4 Settings for eth4: Supported ports: [ FIBRE ] Supported link modes: 10000baseT/Full Supports auto-negotiation: "No Advertised link modes: Not reported Advertised pause frame use: No Advertised auto-negotiation: No Speed: Unknown! Duplex: Full Port: FIBRE PHYAD: 1 Transceiver: external Auto-negotiation: off Supports Wake-on: g Wake-on: d Link detected: no ethtool eth5 Settings for eth5: Supported ports: [ FIBRE ] Supported link modes: 10000baseT/Full Supports auto-negotiation: No Advertised link modes: Not reported Advertised pause frame use: No Advertised auto-negotiation: No Speed: Unknown! Duplex: Full Port: FIBRE PHYAD: 0 Transceiver: external Auto-negotiation: off Supports Wake-on: g Wake-on: d Link detected: no 1.1.1

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 380G8 - NIC card at 1GB/10GB ?

I fear you can't on that particular NIC/Adapter.

See its latest published QuickSpecs (the Data rate is 10000 Mbps and supported Transceivers list doesn't contain SFP, only SFP+) and its User Guide.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner