ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748209 Members
2915 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL/ML 350 G5 to support 6 TB drives?

skarai
Occasional Contributor

DL/ML 350 G5 to support 6 TB drives?

The built-in 200i controller with latest fw (1.86) will NOT support the LFF 6 TB drives. Can I use a card based or plugin compatible later controller and will it work with the builtin 6 drive cage (which as far as I can tell has the path broken out in 2 data cables servicing 3 bays each).

Thanks for your input already

3 REPLIES 3
JediFonger
Occasional Advisor

you need to upgrade the raid card to P410 i''m in the middle of ordering one now

skarai
Occasional Contributor

The 200i in this case is the board plugin module - can it be swapped for the 410i? Or are you ordering a pci card and if so will the cabling inside the server work (meaning instead of the cables from the front drive cage now reaching just the motherboard - will those cables have to be changed for longer ones to reach the new controller card) and/or will the existing routing on the motherboard work with the new controller without having to change cabling inside the server?

Help and insights greatly appreciated

JediFonger
Occasional Advisor

200i is both a PCI card but also connects to the BBU & fans out the cables via the system board itself as it is half integrated that way.

The P410 will be a brand new PCI card that you plug directly into its own BBU and also bypass the board directly into the drive cage assembly but you willl need to get adapter cable to go from SF8484 into something else.

I haven't found the adapter yet... but am looking for one myself.