ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753510 Members
4978 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

DL120 Gen 9: Warning Authentication on this drive carrier failed due to a communication error

Khoi19
Regular Visitor

DL120 Gen 9: Warning Authentication on this drive carrier failed due to a communication error

Hello, I have an issue about DL120 Gen 9 hard drive. I am using Smart Array B140i. My company bought a server DL120 Gen 9 whose drives are SP Solid State Drive 3 years ago. 3 weeks ago, one drive was failed and I replaced that by another same size SP SSD. Unfortunately, I received a warning below:

Warning: Authentication on this drive carrier failed due to a communication error. This may not be an authentic HPE carrier. IO/O operations to the device will not be affected, but the Smart Array Controller will not control LEDs to this device.

I read many guides about troubleshooting gen 9, Server user guide, Quickspecs DL120, but have not figured out a solution. By the way, I want to ask another question:

- What is the consequence if I keep using my server without fixing that warning?

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: DL120 Gen 9: Warning Authentication on this drive carrier failed due to a communication error

Hello

Thank you for contacting us.

I would request you must update the SA controller firmware with the latest if SA controller firmware is not updated with the latest.

As well as update server bios and firmware with the latest.

If the issue still persists after update replace suspected hard drive.

- What is the consequence if I keep using my server without fixing that warning?

Nothing will happen due to this error if apart of this, not any other error.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!  

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo