7166 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

DL145 iLO port 80 not responding

SOLVED
Go to solution
DinoDMH

Re: DL145 iLO port 80 not responding

I've found the DL145 ilo is still basically useless even a year later. I just got two of these opteron-based systems and I can't set a static IP address to save my life. In fact the bios doesn't even report it as that anymore, on that page, it calls it "TFTP Server IP Address" even though it means static ip for management. Setting it has no effect other than changing the values that it won't use anyway. If I serial console in, I see the same values but it doesn't work. Set it back to dhcp and put a dhcp server on that vlan and it works fine, so guess I have to deal with that now.

Once it has an address, I find the functionality nearly useless except as a replacement for a managed power strip since now I can reset it and power cycle the system. But the cost of the switch port for the management interface, since I need it on a seperate vlan, is far more expensive than the managed power strip so I'm spending more and getting less. I was hoping I'd be able to navigate the bios and install/reinstall linux remotely but the telnet console emulation is such garbage you can't see anything well enough to interact with it. You can talk to the management processor well enough, i.e. stop, start, reset, but the bios, os redirection, etc. is junk. I tried three different telnet/vt100 clients and all exhibited the same behavior.