ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748112 Members
3347 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL180 G6 Smart Array P410i - 3TB drived fitted, ORCA shows as 801.6GB??

ScottBouch
Occasional Contributor

DL180 G6 Smart Array P410i - 3TB drived fitted, ORCA shows as 801.6GB??

Hello all, new here,

This is my first time trying to configure a Raid array. This is my first time with an HP server.

I'm using 3x 3TB WD Red drives, and aim to have them as a single Raid 5 array without live spare. The drives are not formatted yet, straight out of the packet and into the caddies.

I entered the ROM configuration utility, but they are presented as being 801.6GB, not 3TB.

ORCA Version 8.30.02.00

The attached photo shows the issue.

Do I need to update the ROM firmware? If so, how? (I need an idiot's guide).

Many thanks, Scott.

2 REPLIES 2
rajatmitra
HPE Pro

Hi Scott,

Since you are using non-HPE hard drives (WD Red Hard drive), not sure if the issue is being caused becuase of compatibility. You can put in a HPE hard drive in that slot and check if the correct hard drive size is being detected. If so, it could be a comaptibility issue. The latest firmware for P410 is 6.64 (B). In case you want to update it to the latest version with no OS installed on the server, you can use the SPP (Link provided below). Its a bootable iso image that you can boot off and use to update the firmware. If OS is installed, you can download the respective firmware  (OS dependent) and update it.

SPP (Version 2017.04.0): https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_3f6b4074ed734dc3baf007612d

I am HPE Employee

Best regards,
Rajat

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

Cristian1974

hola,

tengo el mismo servidor y el mismo array p410. 

con la actualizacion del firmware 6.64 me reconocio los discos de 3Tb

Pocos se toman el trabajo de agradecer, asi que aqui dejo mi mensaje.

Muchas Gracias!!