1748279 Members
4305 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

DL20 Gen 10 - No controllers detected

muffinman14

DL20 Gen 10 - No controllers detected

Hello,

I am trying to get 3 DL20 Gen 10 servers up and running and am tying to get the 2 installed SSD's mirrored through the Smart Storage administrator(hardware RAID 1) and see "No controllers detected" along with the 2 SSD's. If I click to highlight an SSD in the list I can see it say "Adapter: Intel Corporation" Unmanaged Host Bus Adapter.

I ran through the most recent firmware and Driver updates on the most recent Smart update manager (8.4.0 found on the newest support pack available to download (3.40.3.0) but that did nothing to help identify the installed controller. I am currently set to run in UEFI mode but would gladly switch to legacy if I thought hat was going to get me somewhere....thanks for any guidance!

I am simply trying to stetup a RAID 1 hardware RAID configuration, but am thus far unable to configure the controller thought the Smart Storage Administrator.

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: DL20 Gen 10 - No controllers detected

@muffinman14 wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to get 3 DL20 Gen 10 servers up and running and am tying to get the 2 installed SSD's mirrored through the Smart Storage administrator(hardware RAID 1) and see "No controllers detected" along with the 2 SSD's. If I click to highlight an SSD in the list I can see it say "Adapter: Intel Corporation" Unmanaged Host Bus Adapter.

I ran through the most recent firmware and Driver updates on the most recent Smart update manager (8.4.0 found on the newest support pack available to download (3.40.3.0) but that did nothing to help identify the installed controller. I am currently set to run in UEFI mode but would gladly switch to legacy if I thought hat was going to get me somewhere....thanks for any guidance!

I am simply trying to stetup a RAID 1 hardware RAID configuration, but am thus far unable to configure the controller thought the Smart Storage Administrator.

The RAID function of the controller is not available in Legacy boot emulation mode.  There is an option in RBSU to change from SATA AHCI to S100i RAID.  The RAID functionality is actually controlled by a software driver.  The drivers are only avalibale for the Windows operating system.

Information from the Gen10 SMart Array Users Guide

S-class
S-class provides software RAID capabilities for use with Microsoft Windows operating systems. HPE
Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID is an ideal entry-level solution that use SATA drives in basic
RAID configurations.
S-class provides
• Up to 14 SATA lanes attached to internal drives
• RAID levels 0, 1, 5, and 10
• Hot-plug and non hot-plug SATA drive support
• 6G SATA support
• UEFI Boot Mode Only
• Windows 2012 R2 and Windows 2016 Only
• System memory used as read cache
• Smart Array management tools

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!