New Discussion

DL360 G5 hangs on black screen after installing Hyper-V role

SOLVED
Go to solution
rf1nley
Advisor

DL360 G5 hangs on black screen after installing Hyper-V role

I have read that this may be a BIOS problem.  My BIOS = P58

I have enabled "Intel(r) Virtualization Technology" and disabled "Intel Core C3 State" in the BIOS.

This covers all of the solutions I have found, and has not fixed the problem.  Can anyone offer some assistance please?

OS = Win2008 R2

3 REPLIES 3
Marko71
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL360 G5 hangs on black screen after installing Hyper-V role

Hi,

P58 is not your bios revision, this is the System model code,  eg. all DL360G5's are P58 bios models regardless of actual revision.

Go to the HP site & download the latest online rompaq for the system: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3288144&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121486&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4064

The latest revision is 2011.05.02

Hope this helps.

Mark

rf1nley
Advisor
Solution

Thank you for your responce.  I did figure this out yesterday.  My firmware is all up to date.  My options were set correctly in the BIOS.  I simply removed one of the processors and it worked like a charm.  I read somewhere that you can have the same model processor but there can be a "stepping" difference between the two. 

Marko71
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Glad you got it working after a fashion at least.

Yeah the step code is basically the desig revision of a particular cpu, for example E5400 series cpu's come in C0 & E0 steppings.  For most software this isnt an issue but it can cause problems with some stuff.

The easiest way to check if your two cpus are a different stepping is to check the 5 character spec code on each chip;

Example for an E5450: SLANQ = C0 stepping  & SLBBM = E0 Stepping.

The processors families for the DL360G5 are at low prices now so it shouldnt be too hard to pick up a cheap replacement if it does turn out your issue is stepping.

Hope this is some help.

Cheers

Mark