3300 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL360 G9 B140i AHCI mode cannot hot plug hard drives

ц░зц░Ф
Occasional Visitor

DL360 G9 B140i AHCI mode cannot hot plug hard drives

Hello everyone:

I have a DL360 G9, the controller is B140i, and the BIOS is set to AHCI mode. However, I cannot hot plug hard drives under Windows. The newly inserted hard disk must be restarted before it can be detected.

I would like to ask how to configure hot plug, because I did not find related settings in SSA and BIOS.

3 REPLIES 3
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

B140i in AHCI mode won't support functionality

Assuming that the drives used are HPE hot plug SATA drives, please perform the following steps and check.

1. Take valid data back.
2. Change B140i to RAID mode in BIOS.
3. Configure a fault tolerant RAID from HPE SSA
4. Re-install OS

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ц░зц░Ф
Occasional Visitor

Hello:

I am not going to use hardware RAID. Because I already have a P840 array card.
I only plan to use AHCI on this server so that the SSD can achieve the maximum performance.
I use Intel S4610 SSD. But I don't think this is a condition for hot-swap restrictions.
I don't see any hot-plug options in the BIOS.
Is it because the B140i does not have hot-swap capability?

By the way, Does the B140i support RAID expansion?

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

There is no separate option to enable/disable hot plug functionality on the B140i controller. As mentioned earlier, you can test in SATA mode to narrow down the issue.

Note: Please take data backup as changing controller mode can result in data loss.

B140i doesn't support RAID expansion.

The Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller supports UEFI Boot Mode only. It does not support Legacy BIOS Boot Mode.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo